Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wednesday nite in the park...

Layla wanted to meet her friends in town last night at the big church to watch the RI State Wind Ensemble.  I have to say it was  pretty good time and it was fun to sit and talk with other moms.  Im not use to doing that, being as I'm usually the weird one out but I'm starting to slowly infiltrate into the realm lol Its an odd feeling of acceptance now that they actually greet me with recognition and a little bit excitement instead of a side long glance of "oh look, the tattooed one just showed up". Its nice to know that sometimes the mainstream people can look past the wild side and see that I'm normal underneath...as normal as I can get anyway.  I think I'm going to look up the schedule for the rest of the summer and see what else is playing...at the very least, its something to do to get Layla to see her friends for a little bit over the summer since she's not always into hanging out with people.
I have my fingers crossed that the calendulas are going to bloom today, some of them anyway...i swear i saw some yellow peeking out between the tightly clenched leaves of the largest buds. For now I'm crediting my "special" fertilizer as the thing that made them explode in the past two weeks.
My baby lavenders also seem to have exploded.  Too bad they're not going to make flowers this year.  Next year should be good though, I'll have 6 plants all together, 2 of them definitely producing this year, but not much. I'll be going to the Fort Hill Farms in Thompson, CT, possibly next weekend, to pick my own for the year.  I think it will be just back to bath products with it though, as I believe my family will revolt if I cook anything else containing lavender. 
I also realized last night its time to say good bye to the lavender syrup, because there is something growing on the top of it in the fridge. It served me well with my lemonade and vodka!
Looking forward to this 4th of July weekend, a long weekend and a child free Saturday night and my husband birthday.  I finally decided to give him exactly what he wants...absolutely nothing lol Poor guy, I always throw him a party that he doesn't want so now he gets good beer, good beef and peace and quiet. Its nice that such simple things can keep him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment