Monday, August 8, 2011

Before they wake up....

I'm up...and alllll alone!  Today is my pretend Sunday morning...we're the only state left who has VJ off and right now, i think that is just fantastic! Its been a great long weekend....yesterday the child and I went on a few missions...stopped at my mothers and picked up a baker's rack and if I'm lucky the husband will put it together for me today.  This is where my plants will live for the winter...theres more room than just the little TV stand that's there now.  Then off to the dollar tree where I snagged some more plain tea lites (16 for a buck) and made the awesome discovery that they no longer sell tubes of 10 incense cones, and have replaced them with boxes of 40 cones! I also scored some lavender floor cleaner, which I used to completely douche out my basement yesterday afternoon. 

We're prone to collecting mold from the humidity and we're also slobs...so sometimes things get away from us lol...moving on, we ended up at a fabric mill and I got fabric for three new altar cloths for the seasonal altar I decorate....a pattern in some nice fall colors for September and November, some really cool spider webs for October and a green with red and white holly kinda things for December. Now, I just have to sew the edges and make em pretty. 

For a bit of humor, I got to watch my father and step mother eye the altar as they picked up and dropped off the child on Saturday...nothing said, just the looks...which is par for the course with them.  They were told a long time ago about my thoughts on religion and being a pagan, but I think they just thought it was a phase...ah well, what are you going to do.  Now my mother on the other hand, the flowers on the altar came from her yard...shes very cool and spiritual in her own way, without a specific path.

But I digress....the child went with my parents shopping for the day on Saturday, which is a huge thing as recently shes been trying to climb back into my womb lol and the husband and I got to have a little lunch date at a very nice restaurant we had a gift certificate for. That was really nice...sometimes we have to practice at remembering how to be grown ups out in public and hold conversations with each other.  I assume lots of parents go through that...and especially so since neither one of us are very chatty to begin with lol
I finally got to mow the front yard and trimmed a hedge while i was out there too....today, maybe, I'd like to weed the back herb garden a little bit...I'm sure the demon weeds are creeping back in there. 

Saturday we also hit up the local farmers market and discovered a neighbor selling plants there...I've walked to her house and bought stuff she had on the side of the road before...so it was nice to put a face to the plants.  She gave me a peppermint plant because the one I got last year didn't really come back, which was awesome...and I ended up buying an artemesia and some Egyptian walking onions...which I may try to grow now because they are kinda cool looking.

Well that's my weekend babbled wrap up....I think we'll be ending up going swimming somewhere today since its only 9 am and already seems hotter than the back side of satan's balls! LOL

1 comment: